Juicy and rich sweet and spicy “Chicken Nanban”. It’s a hearty side dish that you want to eat when you’re hungry. This time, we will introduce 4 selections such as basic chicken nanban, recipes to make healthy without frying, and recipes to make nanban with ingredients other than chicken.
4 sweet and spicy chicken nanban recipes from basics to arrangements!
“Chicken Nanban” is a popular side dish that originated in Miyazaki prefecture and is now widely known all over the country. It is a hearty dish with plenty of tartar sauce sprinkled on chicken seasoned with sweet and sour sauce. This time, we will introduce not only basic chicken nanban, but also healthy and low-calorie recipes and recipes made with ingredients other than chicken.
This is a basic chicken nanban recipe in which chicken fried with flour and beaten egg batter is soaked in sweet and sour sauce and served in tartar sauce. It’s made from lean chicken breast, so it’s relatively refreshing. It is recommended to soak shredded onions, paprika, carrots, etc. in sweet and sour sauce to make garnished vegetables at the same time.
How to make chicken nanban For 4 people
- Put 150cc of rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons of sugar, 1 tablespoon of mirin, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of salt in a pan, and once it boils, turn off the heat and leave it at room temperature.
- Finely chop 1 boiled egg, pickles and parsley and mix with 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to make tartar sauce.
- Remove the skin from the two chicken pieces and cut in half. Adjust the thickness by lightly putting a knife in a thick place and opening it, beat the meat with a pestle to make it uniform, and add salt and pepper.
- Add flour to the chicken, sprinkle the excess flour, and let it pass through one beaten egg.
- Deep-fried to medium temperature until both sides are golden brown and cooked to the center.
- When the chicken is fried, soak it in the sweet and sour sauce that was prepared while it was hot. When eating, take it out of sweet and sour sauce, cut it into pieces that are easy to eat, and add tartar sauce.
Unfried chicken nanban
[It is a recipe of “non-fried chicken nanban” that can be made healthy and easy by baking it in a frying pan without frying. Sweet and sour sauce is added to ponzu sauce, and yogurt is added to the tartar sauce, and scallions are used instead of pickles, so the taste is light. Even if you don’t fry it, you won’t feel guilty because it’s full of volume!
[How to make] For 4 people
- Place chopped onions on a cloth and sprinkle with salt (not included in the amount) to wrap. Put it in water, scrub it lightly, squeeze the water and put it in a bowl.
- Finely chop the boiled egg and put it in the bowl of (1).
- Add 3 chopped scallions, 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, 50 g mayonnaise and 10 g yogurt and mix. Add a little salt and pepper to taste and spread with 1 tablespoon of milk to make a chubby tartar sauce.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ponzu soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of sugar in a bowl.
- Cut chicken breast to a thickness of about 1 cm, put it in a bowl, rub in 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, a little salt and pepper, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce, and sprinkle with an appropriate amount of flour. Add 1 beaten egg. Mix just before baking
- Put oil in a frying pan, heat it, sprinkle the chicken on it, arrange it in a frying pan, cover it, and bake it for about two and a half minutes.
- When it gets brown and brown, turn it over, remove the lid and bake for about two and a half minutes.
- Drain the oil and put it in a bowl of sweet and sour sauce while the meat is hot.
- Serve on a plate, sprinkle with the remaining sweet and sour sauce, and sprinkle with plenty of tartar sauce (or add) to finish.
Simply bake Atsuage in a toaster and sprinkle with sweet and sour sauce and tartar sauce. Easy and healthy Atsuage Nanban is a recommended menu even during a diet. The outside is crispy and the inside is soft and fluffy. It’s reasonably priced, easy, low in calories, and can be used as a time-saving recipe.
[How to make] For 2 people
- Sprinkle boiling water over one thick fried tofu to drain the oil, wipe off the water, and cut into large bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of potato starch, place on aluminum foil lightly oiled, and bake in an oven toaster for about 10 minutes.
- Put 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sake and 1 tablespoon of sugar in a heat-resistant container and heat in a microwave oven (600W) for about 1 minute.
- Finely chop 1/2 boiled egg and mix 1 tablespoon chopped onion, 1 tablespoon pickles, a little chopped parsley, 50 g mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
- Place the roasted fried tofu in a bowl, sprinkle with sweet and sour sauce, and sprinkle with tartar sauce.
- Cut the thick fried tochio into bite-sized pieces, put it in a plastic bag, add the potato starch, sprinkle it on it, and sprinkle it with tartar sauce.
A side dish recipe of fried chicken fillet, burdock root, and radish, and entwined with a sweet and spicy sauce. When fried, vegetables and chicken breasts have a juicy and soft texture. Add mayonnaise to the finish for a more chicken nanban look. It’s delicious even when it’s cold, so it’s also recommended as a side dish for lunch boxes.
Check out: Recipe for bamboo shoot rice ! How to make delicious bamboo shoots rice
[How to make] For 4 people
- Put 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of vinegar, 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of sake in a large bowl.
- Remove the streaks from the 4 scissors and cut into 3-4 equal pieces vertically.
- Cut one burdock into 5 cm lengths and cut in half or quarter. Drain the water by quickly passing it through the water
- Peel 100g of radish and cut into pieces that are slightly thicker than burdock.
- Sprinkle with potato starch, squeeze it with your hands and sprinkle with the powder. Sprinkle burdock root and radish with potato starch in the same way.
- Deep-fried in oil at 175-180 ℃
- Drain the oil, put it in a bowl of sauce, add the fried scissors and radish in the same way and mix.
- Add 2-3 pieces of shredded ginger and 2 teaspoons of white sesame seeds and mix well with a spatula or spoon.
- Stick it on a bowl and squeeze the mayonnaise to your liking.