Last updated on December 22nd, 2022 at 02:20 pm
Choosing the right digital signage software is crucial to presenting your products or services to your customers. From displaying videos to scheduling content, the best digital signage software can help you meet your goals.
The term “digital signage” refers to the use of technologies like LED walls, projection, and LCD monitors to show videos, marketing messages, and digital images. It’s often used in ads, service descriptions, social media streams, company memos, emergency messages, and other types of messages.
Digital signage software like Yodeck, Novisign, Telemetry TV, ScreenCloud, Optisign, and many more can be used to do the same thing.
First, let’s talk about what Digital Signage Software is and what it can do for you.
What is digital signage software?
Digital signage software is a program that can be used to run video and/or graphics on TVs, computers, tablets, or mobile devices to advertise. Most of these programs can automatically update with new content based on the time interval you set it up for.
How does digital signage work?
Digital signage is an advertising medium that delivers content in real-time on any screen.
It can be used to broadcast a message, promote a product or service, or passively inform your customers about upcoming events and promotional offers.
There are several different types of software you’ll need for digital signage:
- A management system will help you organize your signage network and allow for the creation and editing of content.
- A player is responsible for outputting video to any display in a particular room. This can be done wirelessly or via an HDMI cable to connect your computer directly to the screen (most common).
- Content management software handles all aspects of media production for your signage, including scheduling and publishing content.
- A remote access system offers a web portal from which you can control your player remotely by logging into the site on any device (including mobile devices).
Where can I use digital signage?
You can use digital signage anywhere people gather, and you need to capture their attention.
By turning any screen into a digital sign, you can grab people’s attention, whether they’re at airports, shopping malls, restaurants, or other places where people gather.
The main use for digital signage is advertising, but it can also be used for other purposes such as public health messages, school announcements, or safety alerts.
Whatever your purpose for using one is, you should ensure you’re using your digital signage where people gather and frequent every day.
Market Trends: According to Verified Market Research, the market share of Digital Signage Software is expected to rise with a CAGR of 10.89% from $5.87 billion in 2019 to $12.96 billion by 2027.
List Of The Top Digital Signage Software
Enlisted below are the top digital signage companies:
- Screenly OSE
- OnSign TV
Comparison Of 6 Best Digital Signage Software Companies In 2023
|Wallboard||Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based||Windows |
|Contact for pricing||5/5|
|Yodeck||Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based||Email/Help Desk|
|Between $7.99-12.99 per month||4.9/5|
|Contact for pricing||4.8/5|
|Between $54-700 per month.||4.8/5|
|Between $60-1000 per month||4.7/5|
|OptiSigns||Cloud, SaaS, Web-Based||Mac, Windows, Linux, Chromebook||Between $5-14 per month||4.7/5|
Let us review the software below:
Top 6 Best Digital Signage Software
Here we will review and compare the top Digital Signage Software for circulating important messages, brand awareness, attracting customers’ attention, etc:
Wallboard is an advanced cloud-based digital signage solution designed to help organizations across all major leverage the power of digital signs.
The platform offers advanced content creation and management features, making it easy to create signage for your displays, interactive kiosks, and video walls.
- Built-In Content Editor – Wallboard offers a built-in, drag-and-drop content editor that you can easily access from any browser to create, schedule, push live, and manage your digital signage content.
- Interactive Content Creation – Make your touch displays more engaging with interactive content without the need to code anything. Wallboard allows you to turn any component into a clickable object that can carry out various tasks.
- Data Integration Tools – Use numerous data formats to integrate your data with Wallboard seamlessly, including XML, Google Sheets, Microsoft SharePoint & OneDrive, JSON, CSV, iCal, as well as API Webhooks.
Verdict: Wallboard is the most versatile digital signage software on the market, providing advanced features to create interactive types of content
Pricing: Contact Wallboard for pricing.
Best for designing, scheduling, and displaying content professionally.
Yodeck is a world-class digital signage software. It is a cloud-based, easy-to-use software that helps in designing, scheduling, and displaying content on the web that impacts visitors.
It helps in making the websites or screens stand out through its free widgets like date & time, daily weather, analog clock, and many more. It gets started in seconds by just creating an account, getting a Yodeck player, uploading media, and clicking the apply option.
- Shows media (image, audio, video, document file, web pages, and more) on-screen through simple drag & drop.
- Provides easy setup with free templates and widgets that support any screen resolution.
- Easy monitoring and managing of screens with intuitive scheduling, auto upgrades, and more.
- Provides excellent security through safe IP addresses, two-factor authentication, player secure lockdown, and restricted access.
Verdict: Yodeck is recommended for its affordable professional features of monitoring and managing content for attracting visitors’ attention.
- Standard- $7.99 per month
- Pro- $9.99 per month
- Enterprise- $12.99 per month
Best for sending content to any screen at any time from anywhere.
Novisign is a secure and super simple digital signage software. It facilitates visual communication in the areas of schools, healthcare, retail, and so on. It provides features like digital signage studio, templates, widgets, playlist scheduling, integrations, and touch screen.
It monitors the screen and provides detailed reports and analytics. It provides free support for a skilled team at every level.
- Facilitates corporate communication through sharing HR updates, company bulletins, and so on.
- Helps in school communication by distributing campus news and faculty announcements.
- Creates digital menu boards by adding descriptions, prices, and images.
- Easy to use and accessible.
- Provides free templates and widgets.
- Schedules playlist within seconds.
- Provides touch screen lobby systems.
Verdict: Novisign is best for its simple and easy interface for sending content to any screen at any time and from anywhere. It provides a 30-day free trial.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Best for transforming screens into a powerful engagement tool.
TelemetryTV is a cloud-based powerful signage software that helps in communication and content management. It has been used by top companies all over the world, like Starbucks, Databricks, and many more. It helps in managing and controlling content to make it powerful and intuitive.
It comes with applications and integrations along with the toolkit. Through this, the users can manage the network very easily by automatic provisioning, uptime reporting, and working offline.
- Creates engaging and attractive content through drag-and-drop features or adding videos.
- Enables to customize, control, and keep the content fresh.
- Displays 70+ integrated apps securely and allows you to design anything with Canva.
- Helps in managing the network at scale through automatic provisioning and on-time reporting.
- Facilitates playlist content scheduling.
- Provides powerful APIs to the organizations to create custom applications, rule sets, and provisioning protocols.
Verdict: TelemetryTV is recommended for its features that help in communicating and scaling content to the right people at the right time. It also offers a 14-day free trial.
- Starter- $54 per month
- Standard- $280 per month
- Plus- $700 per month
Best for driving engagement, productivity, and sales with digital signage.
ScreenCloud is barrier-free digital signage software that drives engagement, productivity, and sales with digital signage. It ensures enterprise-grade security and easy content management. It supports and securely shows various dashboards from different applications.
It improves the productivity of teams through sharing real-time data that helps in decision-making and ultimately leads to long-term gains in productivity or performance.
- Easily accessible from any hardware after building the network.
- ScreenCloud Studio enables content and screen management easily and intuitively.
- Keeps the account secure through SSO, custom permissions, audit logging, and SOC2 compliance.
- Helps in broadcasting live meetings and events easily.
- Provides other useful features like displaying dashboards, GraphQL API, 60+ integrations, and so on.
Verdict: ScreenCloud is best for providing security while managing content. It provides enterprise-grade security, audit logging, and user controls like SSO and custom permissions. It also provides a free trial of 14-days.
- Starter- $60 per month
- Teams- $450 per month
- Business- $1000 per month
- Custom- contact for pricing.
Best for making any screen a digital sign with ease.
OptiSigns is a signage software that enables users to create attractive and engaging content and manage the digital signs with its simple and easy-to-use features. It brings the screens to life with apps like Google Data Studio, Facebook, Trello, Instagram, and many more.
It provides advanced analytics and AI through real-time playback reports and audience insight, which helps change/display real-time relevant content.
- Supports various formats of audio, video, and images like jpg, png, gif, BMP, mp4, and more.
- Provides its apps feature to put useful content on screens such as social media, weather, and Google Slides.
- Enables to create a customized playlist that includes image, video, web link, apps.
- Scheduling content is provided with flexible and powerful scheduling options.
- Other valuable features include screen orientation support, screen zones, working offline, auto restart, and so on.
- Tracks playback of the content through providing a Proof-of-play Report feature.
Verdict: OptiSigns is recommended for its features to create beautiful content and manage digital signage like playlist, schedule, different file support, and so on. It provides a 30-day free trial.
- Standard- $10 per screen per month
- Pro- $12.50 per screen per month
- Pro plus- $14 per screen per month
- Enterprise- Contact for pricing.
- Add on- $5 per screen per month.
Other Notable Digital signage software
Best for cloud storage and freemium pricing.
XOGO is known as the easiest digital signage software. It works in three simple steps: connect, install and deploy. It is packed with powerful features including advanced scheduling, easy setup, content designing, free tech support, cloud-powered, and so on.
Its pricing plans are very reasonable as its Basic plan is free of cost and the Pro plan is very reasonable as compared to other software.
- Free- Free
- Pro- $20 per player per month
Best for American’s digital signage solution for small-scale businesses.
SmartSign2go is an easy-to-use digital signage software for small businesses that work in America. Its plans help in informing the audience, engaging them, and controlling’s brand message.
It enables the users to have custom fonts, custom apps with extra channel security. It provides player status alerts, playback reports, emergency alerts, scheduling, monitoring, and so on.
- Essentials- $23.50 per month
- Advanced- $32 per month
- Enterprise- $43 per month.
Best for innovative Digital Signage and Workplace Experience solutions
Skykit is a cloud-based digital signage software. It helps in managing content to be posted on several screens. It improves workplace efficiency through employee and visitor management features.
It can be accessed from anywhere to keep track and manage the device for digital signage. It provides an easy and intuitive interface to create, schedule, and display content easily.
Pricing: Contact for pricing.
Best for an engaging, intuitive, and reliable way to display communications on any screen.
Enplug is a smart digital signage software that is enriched with powerful features like controlling communication on multiple screens, managing content with intelligent automation and collaboration features, providing the highest level of security with SOC 2 TYPE 2 certification.
- Growth- $95 per month per 2 licenses.
- Enterprise- Contact for pricing.
Through the research, we concluded it is very essential for any enterprise to have digital signage software as they help in brand recognition, getting customers’ attention, conveying important messages, and so on. Different software comes with different features and pricing plans. We mentioned the best digital signage companies.
Some are best in providing features like proof of play reports, different file format support, and so on. Some are best in easy setups like- Skykit, Yodeck, and NoviSign. Some are good at managing content. Like- Telemetry TV, ScreenCloud, and more.
Read also: 10 Best YouTube to WAV Converter Sites and Apps