Last updated on October 19th, 2022 at 07:10 pm
Want to know the best counters for the Hoopa Unbound Elite raid in Pokemon Go ? Pokemon Go is a location based game developed by Niantic for iOS and Android devices. Unbound Elite Raids are the newest and one of the hardest additions to Pokémon Go . This guide will tell you everything you need to know about how to defeat Hupa during her elite raid in Pokemon Go .
What is the Hoopa Unbound elite raid in Pokemon Go?
Hoopa Unbound is a new Elite Raid Boss that can be found during the Exclusive Elite Raid. The event will take place every weekend for 24 hours. Elite bosses appear in special raid eggs during this period, and you must fight and defeat the elite raid boss within 30 minutes after the egg hatches. If you defeat the Raid Boss, you will have the opportunity to capture him.
But remember, you need to meet the Elite Raid Bosses in person, and you won’t be able to participate in this raid using Remote Raid Passes. The first elite boss will be Hupa, and the raid will start at 11:00, 14:00, or 17:00. local time on October 16, 2022.
At level 60, Hupa is a powerful force to be reckoned with. His Psychic and Dark-type attacks are devastating, and his high HP makes him hard to beat. But what sets Hoopa apart is its huge CP potential. With a max CP of 66,170, Hoopa is one of the strongest Pokémon in the game. But catching a chuppah is not so easy. These are rare Pokémon, and due to their high CP, they are hard to catch. But if you are lucky enough to catch him, you will have a powerful ally in battle.
Hoopa Unbound Raid Guide
Hoopa Unbound can be one of the toughest battles that trainers have encountered, so it’s more important than ever to take all the necessary steps to ensure victory. That means not only fielding the best roster of counters available, but also using some Stardust, Candy, and TMs to optimize that roster with top tier moves and high level CPs. Trainers also need to enter these battles with enough allies to make sure the limited time opportunity isn’t wasted on a failed attempt.
Hoopa Unbound is an Elite Raid Boss available only during Elite Raid weekends. Unbound Hoopa is a Psychic and Dark-type Pokémon, which leaves him vulnerable only to Bug (double) and Fairy-type moves.
Best Pokémon to defeat Hoopa Unbound are strong Bug-type Pokémon, select Mega Pokémon (Mega Scizor and Mega Beedrill) and top tier Fairy-type Pokémon, who don’t take super-effective damage from Hoopa’s moves.
Hoopa Unbound can be caught in the following Combat Power ranges:
- 2197 CP – 2289 CP (no Weather Boost, LVL 20)
- 2746 CP – 2862 CP (Windy or Fog weather, LVL 25)
We recommend fighting Hoopa Unbound with a minimum of 5 Trainers with perfect counters, or 8+ Trainers with suboptimal counters. Given its limited availability, we recommend larger group sizes for this encounter.
Hoopa Unbound Weaknesses
This Raid Boss is a dual Psychic- and Dark-type, which makes Hoopa Unbound weak to Bug-type moves (x2) and Fairy-type moves.
Hoopa Unbound Elite Raid Best counters in Pokemon Go
Hupa is weak against bugs and fairies, so it is best against Pokemon such as Mega Scizor, Shadow Scizor, Shadow Pinsir, and Shadow Scythe. We recommend using a combination of these Beetle and Fairy tokens to defeat Hupu. Here is a list of Counter Pokémon you can use. From the most complex to the simplest.
- Mega Scissor with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Shadow Scizor with Bullet Punch and X-Scissor
- Shadow Pinsir with Bug Bite and X-Scissor
- Shadow Scyther with Fury Cutter and Bug Buzz
- Vikavolt with Bug Bite and X-Scissor
- Mega Beedrill with Bug Bite and X-Scissor
- Yanmega with Bug Bite and Bug Buzz
- Burn Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Chill Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Shock Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Stun Genesect with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor
- Pheromosa with Bug Bite and Bug Buzz
- Pinsier with Bug Sting and X-Scissors
- Scissor with Cutter Fury and X-Scissors
- Escavalier with Bug Sting and Megagoras
- Golisopod with Rage Cutter and X-Scissor
- Scyther Fury with Cutter and Buzz Buzz
- Accelgor with Infestation and Bug Buzz
- Durant with Bug Bite and X-Scissor
- Heracross with Warbug and Megahorn
- Livanni with Bug Sting and X-Scissors
- Mega Absol with Snarl and Megahorn
- Cartana with Razor Leaf and X-Scissors< /li>
- Regigigas with Hidden Power and Giga Impact
- Galvantula with Fury Cutter and Bug Buzz
- Shadow Absol with Snarl and Megahorn
- Crustle with Fury Cutter and X-Scissors
- Buzzed with counter and sting-finger
- Shadow Ho-Oh with hidden power and brave bird
So, these are the best counters you can use against the Hupa. We hope this guide will help you defeat Hupa during her Elite Raid. Good luck!
Hoopa Unbound’s moves
|Fast Moves||Charge Moves|
|Astonish GhostConfusion Psychic||Shadow Ball GhostPsychic PsychicDark Pulse Dark|
Hoopa Unbound has a few tricks up its sleeve, including Astonish and Shadow Ball, both strong Ghost-type moves, and most of its moves deal neutral damage to Bug types. The exception is Dark Pulse, which deals reduced damage to Fairy types, so Fairy-typed attackers may fare better against Dark Pulse.
Other than that, there is not much we can say for Hoopa’s moves – all of them are good, and its a strong opponent, so bring your best Pokémon and try to dodge as much as you can.
Reminder about Elite Raids
Elite Raids are a new type of raid focused on in-person play, and they will appear at selected EX Gyms worldwide. Elite Raids are designed to be challenging, a bit over Tier 5 difficulty, and they can only be completed in-person.
Elite Raid Eggs take 24 hours to hatch, and Trainers will have only 30 minutes to complete them once the Raid Egg has hatched. Since these Raids can only be completed in-person, Trainers are encouraged to organise well ahead of time and not be late for the spawn.
Elite Raids can only start at one of the following local times:
- 11:00 a.m.
- 2:00 p.m.
- 5:00 p.m.
Trainers will see a special Raid Egg on top of an EX Gym 24 hours before the Raid starts, and the Elite Raid Eggs will also be visible on the Nearby radar, and in Niantic Campfire.