Last updated on December 17th, 2022 at 02:01 pm
Bangladesh Railway (BR) has resumed selling train tickets online People can now book train tickets online again after a five-day break. Passengers will now have to go through a new process and set up new accounts in order to book and buy train tickets online.
It was announced on Thursday that the online ticketing system through “Shohoz” will be back up and running on March 26, the Ministry of Railways said.
If you want to book a train tickets online, you can go to eticket.railway.gov.bd and click on the “Buy Tickets” button.
A step-by-step guide on how to book train tickets online.
- 1: First visit this link www.eticket.railway.gov.bd
- 2: Click on “registration” or “create a new account”
- 3: Provide the website with your personal information – user name, DoB, NID or birth certificate number, address, contact number with an email address
- 4: Check if all the information are correct and then click on “submit”
- 5: A verification code will be sent to the designated mobile number after a while
- 6: Enter the security code on the e-ticket website and click on registration. Then you will receive an email from BR with a link to complete your registration
- Visit www.eticket.railway.gov.bd
- Log in to your account using your email address, password and security code
- After successfully logging in, click on “purchase”
- Then select the date of your journey, the starting station, the destination station, class of the train, and the number of seats
- Then the website will display the name of the train and the number of seats available
- You can manually choose your seats or make the selection process automatic
- Click on the “purchase ticket” if your preferred seats are available
Payment of the selected fare must be made in full to confirm the reservation.Credit, debit, and cash cards, as well as various MFS platforms, can be used to confirm payments.The passenger’s email address will then be used to receive an online copy of the ticket from BR.
After showing the online copy to the designated railway desk with a valid photo ID, the passenger must collect the original copy of the ticket from the departure station. A total of 90,000 train tickets are issued daily, with a total of 27 lakh issued monthly via computers. Approximately half of these tickets are issued online or via mobile apps.
Your can read also:
- Enjoy a Weekend With Your Kids
- How you can lose weight by dancing
- How to wipe your Android phone to selling or trading it in