OB33 update for Garena Free Fire Max has been released and adds many significant new features to the game. The brand-new Character Link System has been implemented along with a new credit system and an improved reporting system to combat toxicity. In addition to introducing a new character, reworking certain characters, and balancing others, Free Fire Max also introduced a new character. OB33 added a new weapon to the arsenal, made a few weapon adjustments, and made other minor changes. Players can now unlock all Free Fire characters without diamonds with this huge update for Free Fire fans. You can find all the changes in the OB33 patch notes below.
Free Fire Max OB33 Patch Notes: Ways to combat toxicity
Garena will introduce a Credit System in which positive behavior will be rewarded. Bad behavior will be punished, such as going AFK, throwing games, verbal abuse, and force quitting. Garena hinted that “we have long believed that survivors who give a helping hand and keep a positive attitude should be recognized and honored, and those who flame and quit should be punished. We are delighted to announce that our vision has come to fruition.”
Those accounts reported for bad behaviour will be deducted 1 to 4 points. Players who regularly act negatively will receive extra deductions. If a player scores under 90, they will be banned from CS-Ranked, and going below 80 will result in a BR-Ranked ban.
Those who consistently behave well will earn 1 to 2 credit points per game and be eligible for prizes.
Report System Improvements
The Free Fire Reporting System has also been updated. You can now report another player on your match history page or the CS mode scoreboard. Garena has also expanded the list of reasons for your reporting. You can now track the progress of your report as well. Players can also report inappropriate voice chats. The muted button will also allow you to do this.
Players can expect another minor update as soon as these new systems go live on 25th March.
Free Fire Characters Can Be Unlocked Through Garena’s New Link System
New Link System in Free Fire lets you unlock all characters without spending diamonds. Players can now link themselves to a particular character via the new system. Characters can be obtained through playing any game mode.
Here is how you can use this system:
1: Select a character to link with.
2: Confirm that you want to link to the character.
3: Complete the missions and fill the progress bar.
4: Claim the Character once it is ready.
Every day, players can only earn a certain number of LINK points. The LINK system will be extended to all characters before this patch update.
Garena adds a new character to Free Fire MAX and makes other changes to characters.
Kenta’s active ability is called Swordsman’s Wrath. When activated, Kenta drops his weapon and creates a shield. His shield will partially negate any damage dealt with by teammates behind it. Kenta will help your team overcome heavy fire, as he is an excellent front-line character.
A frontal shield of 5 meters wide reduces 50% of weapon damage coming from the front when Swordsman’s Wrath is active. The timer lasts for 2, 3, 5, 4, 4.5 and 5 seconds. It resets after each shot. Cooldown: 210/200/190/180/170/160s
A124’s old ability to convert EP to HP has been reworked. Now her skill disables enemy skills and interrupts their interaction countdowns. Her powerful skill zone will stop any skills and countdowns.
The thrill of Battle:
Unleashes an 8m electromagnetic wave that disables enemies’ skill activation and interrupts their interaction countdown. Lasts for 20/22/24/26/28/30s. Cooldown: 100/90/80/70/60/50s.
Reload speed is no longer affected by gun types. SMG causes more damage when in its last shots.
Reload speed increases by 14/16/18/20/22/24%. For SMGs, the final 6 rounds of the clip deal 10/12/14/16/18/20% more damage.
Steffie’s ability now blocks grenades and restores armour durability.
Create a 4m area that blocks throwables. Allies in the area will restore 10% armour durability every second, and ammo damage is taken from enemies will reduce by 10/12/14/16/18/20%. Lasts for 10/11/12/13/14/15s. Cooldown: 115/110/105/100/95/the 90s. Effects do not stack.
Caroline has a faster movement speed carrying shotguns.
When holding a shotgun, movement speed increases by 3/4/5/6/7/8% -> 6/7/8/9/11/13%
Otho has a broader vision after kills.
After eliminating an enemy, the positions of other enemies within 25/30/35/40/45/50m -> 25/35/45/55/65/75m of the elimination spot will be revealed. Info will be shared with teammates for 4s -> 6s.
Rafael has faster-bleeding speed when knocking down enemies.
When using Snipers and Marksman Rifles, the firing sound is silenced, and successful shots can cause enemies to bleed 20/23/27/32/38/45% -> 40/50/60/70/80/90% faster.
Thiva’s help-up speed and HP recovery have been increased.
Rescue (help-up) speed increases by 10/13/16/19/22/25% -> 15/18/21/24/27/30%. Upon a successful rescue, the user recovers 15/20/25/30/35/40HP -> 25/30/35/40/45/50HP in 5s.
Battle Royale changes in Garena Free Fire MAX OB33
GARENA has added In-Game Missions to their mobile battle royale game:
- Hit List missions: Use FF Coins to purchase items from the vending machine. Eliminate targets within the time limit.
- Supply Run missions: Get for free on the map. Go to a specified location as soon as possible.
- It is now possible to upgrade all Ultimate Weapons (3 stages) using the Upgrade Chip, except those dropped in airdrops.
The following weapons can be upgraded via the Upgrade Chip:
New Weapon and other weapon balance changes:
With the new weapon G36, combined with the unique firing mode switch feature, the user is provided with an all-encompassing experience, covering both the needs of the short and mid-range battles. The G36 can switch between Assault, short-range, and Range, mid-range, firing modes with the Switch firing mode.
- Base Damage: 26
- Rate of Fire: 0.096
- Magazine: 30
- Base Damage: 33
- Rate of Fire: 0.15
- Magazine: 30
- M4A1: Effective range -4%
- SCAR: Effective range +5%
- M249: Effective range -3%
- FAMAS: Effective range -2%
- XM8: Effective range +5%
- AN94: Effective range +4%
- AUG: Effective range +6%
- Kar98k：Gun switch time +20%
- UMP: Effective range -3%, movement speed when firing -10%, stability -7%
- MP5: Effective range -10%, damage +10%
- VSS: Effective range -15%
- MP40：Stability +15%, movement speed when carrying +15%, movement speed when firing +10%
- Thompson: Effective range -3%
- Mini Uzi: Effective range -8%
- MAC10: Effective range -4%
- M1014: Effective range -16%, reload speed +30%
- M1873: Effective range -15%
- SPAS12: Effective range -8%, reload speed +10%
- M1887: Effective range -12%, damage +8%, movement speed when carrying +5%
- MAG-7: Effective range -15%, damage +4%, stability +10%
- Charge Buster: Effective range -10%, damage +5%
- M1887-X: Added new muzzle accessory slots
Free Fire MAX OB33 Update: This update features a number of gameplay improvements
- Players can now toggle and customize vibrations on the settings page.
- Post-Game Results Enhancements.
- The post-game results page now displays more data and stats.
- FF coins now show up on the HUD display in BR mode.
- Your death location will be shown on the map to let you quickly get equipment after a revival in BR mode.
- Airdrop vending machines can be accessed from all angles.
- Minimap now prioritizes the display of vending machine revival points over player locations.
- They optimized Healing Weapon interactions. Players may now easily recognize low-health teammates, who will be blinking with a red light on your team list.
- The effectiveness of Healing Weapon reduces as players are exposed to the play zone for a longer period of time.
- An exact number of stars for Master is now shown in in-game scoreboards.
- Player info displays longer in CS loading screen, also added a new loading screen to CS mode.
- They fixed a bug where players revive with gloo walls automatically in Training Grounds.
- The invitation list now allows for an alias to be added and edited.
- Optimized the radar chart algorithm in the personal info page, making it more reflective of the player’s stats.
- Optimized radar chart algorithm in CS mode.
- The events page can now be opened on the preset team’s page.
- Optimized the animation on the mode selection page.
- CS Cup invitations now show up in the lobby.
- They have reduced the cost of pet level-ups.
- Optimized matchmaking for shorter queue time.