If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus and you can’t seem to open the Google Play Store, here we are offering some help.
This can be a very frustrating issue, especially if you are desperate to download apps like games, social media, etc. Several users are complaining that the Google Play app closes once selected and presents the “Google Play Services has stopped” flag. Here we outline the ways you can fix this issue on the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Fix Google Play Store on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
Follow these steps to fix the problem:
- Start from the home screen.
- Go to the list of applications.
- Select Settings, then click Application Manager.
- Next to the Play Store option, the All tab should appear.
- Here you should be able to find the Google Play Store.
- Clicking it will open the Play Store settings.
You can then continue to follow the instructions below to proceed with resetting the Google Play Store settings. This application should work.
- Determine the stopping power.
- Then clear the data.
- Then select Clear cache.
- Finally, uninstall updates.
Once these steps are completed, you will need to hold the Power button and tap Reset. This will restart your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus and make the changes you made.
In the vast majority of cases, once you restart your phone, the Google play app should open just fine. If it doesn’t work, you’ve missed a step. You can always go through the above steps again to make sure you did everything as described.